Word of the Day


informal US
another term for channel-hop (sense 1)
[no object]informal
1 Change frequently from one television channel to another.
2 Travel across the English Channel and back to Britain frequently or for only a brief trip.


Okay, now, let’s confuse the issue even more by noting that some of us call channel-grazing “channel-surfing” instead.

[I note that Lexico does not make this linkage even though they do have “channel-surf” as a term with essentially the same meaning.]

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in: Logo

You are commenting using your account. Log Out /  Change )

Google photo

You are commenting using your Google account. Log Out /  Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )

Connecting to %s